- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Italian tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Hot cooked pasta of your choice
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, brown sugar, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with pasta. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Family Favorite Pasta Sauce for Two in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Family Favorite Pasta Sauce for Two(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >