- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Italian tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Hot cooked pasta of your choice
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, brown sugar, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with pasta. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Family Favorite Pasta Sauce for Two in Taste of Home
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Family Favorite Pasta Sauce for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review