These healthful, good-tasting waffles are a tried-and-true family favorite—even with our two children. My husband and I have a small herd of beef cattle and some pigs. A hearty breakfast really gets us going! —Marna Heitz, Farley, Iowa
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and, if desired, salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt. Yield: 6 waffles.
Originally published as Oatmeal Waffles in Reminisce March/April 1991, p35
Reviews for Family-Favorite Oatmeal Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review