- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and, if desired, salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt. Yield: 6 waffles.
Reviews forFamily-Favorite Oatmeal Waffles
"Delicious!! I eliminated the cinnamon and brown sugar and substituted 2 Tablespoons white sugar. I warmed the milk and melted butter (marg) in micro then added the slightly beaten eggs and warm milk mixture to flour mixture.Topped with fresh sliced strawberries, raspberries and blueberries., warm maple syrup and a dollop of coconut nondairy cool whip . Just yummy!!!"
"These turned out a bit dense. Only okay, not a favourite for my family."
"just made these and added blue berrys to the mix. all I can say is yummy."
"Made as is. Really like it."
"These were Delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be using this recipe a lot."
"The recipe made three perfect Belgian waffles. They were so yummy that no syrup was needed. I did not alter the recipe at all."
"These waffles tasted great and were quite filling. I always make a big batch and freeze them for quick breakfasts. Thanks for sharing."
"I made these today for breakfast. They were super. My roommate (he does not like waffles) even ate them and complimented how good they were. I did not alter the recipe except to cut it in half."
"The best oatmeal waffles ever! Perfection!"
"We loved having so much oatmeal in this recipe. We let the oatmeal soak in the milk (also added 1 tsp. vinegar) for 5-10 min. before mixing the rest of the ingredients. We prefer not to use so much baking powder. I used 1 tsp. baking powder & 1 tsp. baking soda. We like having more butter ON the waffles. So, 2 tbsp. of oil was added & 1/8 tsp. of nutmeg plus 1 tsp. vanilla. We omitted the cinnamon. 1 tbsp. of brown sugar was enough sweetness. Instead of syrup we enjoyed using cherry jam. The whole house smelled wonderful when we made the waffles. We will make this again very soon."