- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and, if desired, salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt. Yield: 6 waffles.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Oatmeal Waffles
Sort By :
"Made as is. Really like it."
"These were Delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be using this recipe a lot."
"The recipe made three perfect Belgian waffles. They were so yummy that no syrup was needed. I did not alter the recipe at all."
"These waffles tasted great and were quite filling. I always make a big batch and freeze them for quick breakfasts. Thanks for sharing."
"I made these today for breakfast. They were super. My roommate (he does not like waffles) even ate them and complimented how good they were. I did not alter the recipe except to cut it in half."