- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and, if desired, salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt. Yield: 6 waffles.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Oatmeal Waffles
"These turned out a bit dense. Only okay, not a favourite for my family."
"just made these and added blue berrys to the mix. all I can say is yummy."
"Made as is. Really like it."
"These were Delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be using this recipe a lot."
"The recipe made three perfect Belgian waffles. They were so yummy that no syrup was needed. I did not alter the recipe at all."