- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, divided
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, 1/2 cup tomato paste, mustard, 1 teaspoon horseradish, oats, soup mix, garlic powder and steak seasoning. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf and place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the water, sugar, remaining tomato paste and remaining horseradish; spread over meat loaf.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Drain if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Meat Loaf
"This is really good and even better as leftovers."
"I followe the recipe exactly and it was terrific. When I told my husband it was good enough for company, he replied he didn't want to share it with company."
"Very tasty, made according to recipe. I would have liked a little more sauce on top and also some chopped green pepper in the mix, but it has a good flavor."
"@ Dave I have never seen a " sick" meat loaf. I think the word would be "healthful". This is very good meat loaf."
"Meatloaf is supposed to be tasty...not healthy."