Combining ground beef with ground turkey is the key to this flavorful meat loaf that's sure to become a menu staple. Horseradish adds just the right amount of zip. It has my husband's seal of approval! —Colette Gerow, Raytown, Missouri
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, divided
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, 1/2 cup tomato paste, mustard, 1 teaspoon horseradish, oats, soup mix, garlic powder and steak seasoning. Crumble beef and turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf and place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the water, sugar, remaining tomato paste and remaining horseradish; spread over meat loaf.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Drain if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Family-Favorite Meat Loaf in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review