Family Favorite Kabobs Recipe
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 1-inch wheels
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, parsley, pepper and garlic. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag, add vegetables and pineapple. Seal both bags and turn to coat; refrigerate 2 hours. Drain and discard both marinades.
- 3. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork with vegetables and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender, turning often. Yield: 6 servings.
2 kabobs equals 474 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Family Favorite Kabobs
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.