Family Favorite Kabobs Recipe
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 1-inch wheels
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, parsley, pepper and garlic. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag, add vegetables and pineapple. Seal both bags and turn to coat; refrigerate 2 hours. Drain and discard both marinades.
- 3. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork with vegetables and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender, turning often. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 474 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Family Favorite Kabobs
"These were so fun and really good! I had more veggies than I had kabob sticks, so we grilled them up in a grill basket and ate as a side dish to supper the next night - it was really good!"
"Tenderizes the meat really well - the flavor of the marinade is good, but definitely needs a bit more flavor."
"This recipe is yummy, wonderful flavor & I will make it again for sure. I liked the idea of using pork."
"I halved this and made it for just myself and my husband AND then a couple weeks later, made it when my parents came to visit. It was a hit both times! I love the versatility of the recipe-- you can use other meat, and you don't have to use all the ingredients for the skewers if you don't want to. This makes a lot, but the leftovers are great as well!"
"I loved these kabobs. We used steak and various garden veggies we had on hand. Served with brown rice. Very good!"
"This is one of our favorite meals!!"
"This is a fabulous recipe! And it makes a lot! We made it without the corn (cooked it separately) and without the green peppers (I prefer red peppers). We will definitely make it again this summer."
"this is such a fantastic recipe! Iam a mom of 4 and we own a cattle feed lot so I used steak instead of pork! I make this for family get to gether's and they are always a big hit!"
"My family loves these and have requested them again this summer...the corn and pineapple make the kabobs as good as having dessert for the meal! The marinade is made with everyday supplies and really gives everything a nice kick!"
"I have made them several times for company and everyone loves these!"
"These are the best kabobs I have ever made! I absolutely love them & I can't wait to make them again."
"FABULOUS! MY KIDS LOVED THESE!! THEY LOVED MAKING THEM AND EATING THEM!! Next time we will roast the corn seperately by the ear because they wanted more of that and it was hard to skewer, but other than that won't change a thing!"