Family-Favorite Hearty Macaroni Salad Recipe
My grandmother, Marguerite Lemire, makes this old-fashioned side dish for every family function. This hearty chilled salad has classic ingredients plus a bit of vinegar to give it zing.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, dice
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Refrigerate until chilled. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in macaroni. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 420 calories, 30 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Hearty Macaroni Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC