Family-Favorite German Chocolate Pie Recipe
This chocolate pie has been a holiday tradition in our family for generations, and it's just as popular now as when my grandmother made it years ago!
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie shell (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1. In a saucepan, combine chocolate and butter. Melt over low heat. Remove from the heat and blend in milk; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Blend in melted chocolate; pour into pie shell. Combine coconut and pecans; sprinkle on top of pie.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 471 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Family-Favorite German Chocolate Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC