- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in eggs; coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil to 375° in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Family-Favorite Fried Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p52
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Family-Favorite Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review