- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
"One of my family's favorites!"
"i thought it had good flavor; my husband thought it was too dry and needed more flavor. He said 1 star, and I said 4... compromised with 3."
"We love this recipe! It's a simple one that can be done on a busy weeknight. I keep everything in the house now so that I can pull it all out & have dinner ready in no time. The only thing I did change was the pasta. Because my husband is diabetic, I use the high protein pastas (the brand I prefer is Barilla in the yellow box)."
"Family loved it!"
"My hubby ate it so it's definitely edible but was just kind of weird and blah. I don't know maybe it's just us but wasn't anything to write home about or adventure into making a second time. Oddly both of my kids liked it even the picky one so that's something. Sorry for the bad review but just my opinion. It does taste like a McDonald's double cheeseburger with pasta if you like those then this is your dish."
"I double this recipe and replace 1/3 of the beef with Bob Evans sausage. Otherwise I followed the recipe as is and the family loved it. It has been added to our list of favorites"
"Super easy to make, but I found it lacking in flavor. Easy dinner for a rushed night, but I probably wouldn't make it agin."
"Made this tonight for a weeknight dinner. I followed recipe as is. It drives me crazy when people review a recipe and change all the ingredients! Why bother? I thought it was really good and so did everyone else in my family except one of my extremely picky eaters. It really did remind me of the flavors of a cheeseburger! Loved the dill pickle relish, mustard, and ketchup in this recipe. It's quick to make which makes it nice for a weeknight. I will make this again."
"Great comfort food supper. I can't stand ketchup, so I left it out. I wondered about the mustard and dill relish, but since I love both mustard and pickles and usually add extra to my burgers, I figured it would work. It DEFINITELY did. I added crumbled bacon for a cheeseburger casserole. Subbed pepper jack cheese for the cheddar for a little kick. This is a repeat meal for me."
"This is good; and quick to prepare! Unfortunately I didn't have steak seasoning, but I can't say it was bad without it. The mustard and the relish add a really nice flavor. I'd probably even add an extra tablespoon of the relish next time."