- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
Sort By :
"Yum! I thought the dill pickle relish was strange, but this dish is so tasty, I will never be skeptical about cooking with pickle relish again!"
"We loved it. It was quick and easy. I did use regular elbow pasta as I didn't have wheat.It was great! Will definitely make again! Thanks for sharing!"
"Fast and easy to make, and tasted just like a cheeseburger!"
"Very good ,easy to make, and my family loved it will make again !!!"
"This is yummy. I have fixed this several times and the only change I make is using whole wheat rotini, instead of the penne. It does taste like a cheeseburger."