- 1-1/2 cups Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta(22)
Sort By :
This pasta was delicious but I do think extra sauce is needed. So I improvised on the amounts to make it saucy enough my family. They loved it!!
My picky husband LOVED this. I made it pretty much to the letter of the recipe... used A-1 for the steak seasoning. Anyway, he went BACK for SECONDS! Posted a picture of my dish on FB and had a dozen hits in 5 minutes how Amazzzzing it looked. Plan on making it again when I have all the grandkiddos here I know they will love it!
It was very easy and delicious....hubby really liked it...next time I would add cut up dill pickles instead of the relish
It says DILL relish.......not SWEET......may make a BIG difference.
Very yummy, quick and easy! I increased the recipe just a bit to feed my family of 6. I did not have penne pasta on hand so I used bow-tie which worked great. I also added in some tomato sauce and left out the mustard (because I happen to hate mustard!) I used steak sauce instead of seasoning and used about 1/2 teaspoon of the seasoned salt. I also used about twice as much cheese and also added in two leftover cooked crumbled bacon strips. I had no dill pickle relish on hand so I used about a tablespoon of juice from a jar of dill pickle spears. Family commented that it really did taste like a cheeseburger. Might need some more salt or some seasoning- seemed to be missing a little something. Definitely needed something green on top for some color- kind of has a blah presentation otherwise.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >