- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
Sort By :
"I used elbow macaroni and didn't have dill pickle relish (probably wouldn't have added that anyway), and I thought it was great. It is very similar to a dish my mom used to make except her dish didn't include cheese. Great "comfort food." Will definitely make again."
"Boy, tastes sure do vary! I thought this was pretty good, but then I am a fan of pasta and cheeseburgers, so maybe that's why. I understand that people have differences of opinion and tastes, as we are entitled to. But it's pretty rude to make a comment like "This is awful" or "YUCK" when a simple, "I really didn't like this" would suffice."
"Not fond of the flavor"
"This was a simple and really good dish!! We had one of the grandkids here and there was no leftovers!! Actually, I was hoping for some! Will be making this again."
"This was delicious and so easy to make! I used ground turkey. Also, I added salt to the pasta and salt and pepper to the ground turkey. Since I did not have penne, I used farfalle instead. I will DEFINITELY make again!"