- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFamily-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
"Absolutely disgusting! This is the first recipe I have tried via Taste of Home that I did not like. I'm thinking if I had not used the relish it may have tasted better but I really did not like this recipe.I did follow the instructions as written. I will say this, my significant other said it was okay, he wasn't wowed by it and two days later we still have leftovers."
"This easy meal was delicious. My husband had 3 helpings, so I will definitely be making it again!"
"Not a fan of the relish. I almost left it out and wish I would have. I added bacon, Worcestershire sauce and cut the mustard in half and used Dijon instead of yellow, which I think helped. One kid loved it but the second one would not touch it. My husband and mom liked it but agreed the relish was not necessary."
"Simple, easy and delicious. Could be made with macaroni or egg noodles as well. I used Montreal Steak seasoning and the flavor was great."
"My husband says it's a do over....thumbs up! Very easy to make. This will be a go to recipe."
"One of my family's favorites!"
"i thought it had good flavor; my husband thought it was too dry and needed more flavor. He said 1 star, and I said 4... compromised with 3."
"We love this recipe! It's a simple one that can be done on a busy weeknight. I keep everything in the house now so that I can pull it all out & have dinner ready in no time. The only thing I did change was the pasta. Because my husband is diabetic, I use the high protein pastas (the brand I prefer is Barilla in the yellow box)."