- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
"My husband says it's a do over....thumbs up! Very easy to make. This will be a go to recipe."
"This was so good and easy! My family loves it. Would never have thought to use mustard or relish, but it definitely works. Thanks for a great dish, perfect for busy weeknight dinner."
"One of my family's favorites!"
"i thought it had good flavor; my husband thought it was too dry and needed more flavor. He said 1 star, and I said 4... compromised with 3."
"We love this recipe! It's a simple one that can be done on a busy weeknight. I keep everything in the house now so that I can pull it all out & have dinner ready in no time. The only thing I did change was the pasta. Because my husband is diabetic, I use the high protein pastas (the brand I prefer is Barilla in the yellow box)."
"Family loved it!"
"My hubby ate it so it's definitely edible but was just kind of weird and blah. I don't know maybe it's just us but wasn't anything to write home about or adventure into making a second time. Oddly both of my kids liked it even the picky one so that's something. Sorry for the bad review but just my opinion. It does taste like a McDonald's double cheeseburger with pasta if you like those then this is your dish."
"I double this recipe and replace 1/3 of the beef with Bob Evans sausage. Otherwise I followed the recipe as is and the family loved it. It has been added to our list of favorites"
"Super easy to make, but I found it lacking in flavor. Easy dinner for a rushed night, but I probably wouldn't make it agin."