- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
Sort By :
"I really enjoyed this.....I added salt and pepper to the pasta and the ground beef, and used regular pasta and diced tomatoes. Good stuff, great comfort food!!"
"Excellent. Easy, quick and my entire family loved it. Will definitely make again."
"Nice recipe for something different! Really does taste like a cheeseburger!"
"I made this for dinner last week because it sounded quick. My hubby normally doesn't care too much for anything with pasta in it, but he had three helpings of this, and declared it a keeper! I passed the recipe on to my son and daughter-in-law, who made it for their kids. They all loved it! Definitely a recipe that I will make again and again! Thanks for sharing!---Dutchcook1949"
"Great comfort food! I added some garlic, too. Easy to make and tasted good."