Family Favorite Bread
"This bread has a wonderful sourdough taste, but you don't need to bother with a starter," relates Dawn Glynn of Twin Bridges, Montana. "I received the recipe from a friend and now make it more than any other loaf in my bread machine."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 2/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggest by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 95 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.