Family-Favorite Beef Roast Recipe
Just a few ingredients are all you’ll need for this tangy roast that feeds a bunch. The gravy is tasty on mashed potatoes, too. —Jeanie Beasley, Tupelo, Mississippi
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1. Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup gravy equals 409 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC