- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, cook bacon until crisp; drain.
- Return beef to the pan. Add the onion, ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and molasses. Stir in the beans.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Baked Beans
Sort By :
"Hobo Beans....always a hit when feeding a crowd. I really like the addition of the molasses in this recipe. It was a hit at last weekends graduation party."
"Very good and simple to make. I reduced brown sugar to 2 tablespoons; I don't like the beans too sweet. When I tripled the recipe for a group, I used a variety of beans; they're all good. I make it in a slow-cooker rather than the oven."
"This is my Go-To recipe when I want to please a bunch of people. One woman who never eats baked beans said the smell of this dish made her mouth water. She tasted some and got another huge serving. This is a great recipe and I am very picky with baked beans. Just as a FYI, it thickens more the longer it sets. Very delicious. I have tried black beans, northern beans, navy beans and pinto beans. All taste excellent in this recipe."
"This recipe got rave reviews from family at 4th July BBQ. Decided it goes just as well with baked ham for Easter. Used Bush's original baked beans for the pork and beans and KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce. Made a double batch but didn't double the meat or molasses. Very yummy!"
"These were very good! I didn't put in the onions as i am not a fan of them and instead of baking in the oven I put them in the crockpot for 2-3 hours and they turned out wonderful."