Family-Favorite Baked Beans Recipe
Lea Ann Anderson TULSA, OKLAHOMA Here’s a quick and easy recipe familiar to most at reunions and other large gatherings. The sweet and hearty dish includes three kinds of beans and plenty of beef and bacon.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, cook bacon until crisp; drain.
- 2. Return beef to the pan. Add the onion, ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and molasses. Stir in the beans.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 305 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC