Family-Favorite Baked Beans Recipe
Lea Ann Anderson TULSA, OKLAHOMA Here’s a quick and easy recipe familiar to most at reunions and other large gatherings. The sweet and hearty dish includes three kinds of beans and plenty of beef and bacon.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, cook bacon until crisp; drain.
- 2. Return beef to the pan. Add the onion, ketchup, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and molasses. Stir in the beans.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 305 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC