Family Chicken Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, sage, basil and seasoned salt, reserving 1/4 cup. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on all sides.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the reserved flour mixture to the skillet; stir until smooth. When mixture begins to bubble, stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
2 piece: 492 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 1055mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein
Reviews for Family Chicken
"This recipe is my husband's favorite way to enjoy chicken. It's easy to prepare and cooks without fuss in the slow cooker. Chicken is always tender and juicy. I serve it with mashed potatoes and peas."
"Best crock pot chicken I have ever had."
"This is an excellent dish! Loved it ... so easy and tastes so good. Cooked up some rice and served it with the gravy/chicken leftovers and was able to stretch it into another meal. Thanks for the recipe."
"Fantastic, will definitly make again, my husband loved it!"
"My family of 8 absolutely LOVES this recipe! I also used boneless skinless, much easier! This will be one my children will feed to their children. LOVE IT!"
"any recipe for the crock pot is ok with me and this is delicious"
"Simplify this recipe by using chicken breasts and skip the crock pot. The result is out of this world. The chicken doesn't get soggy this way and you can still use the gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes. Oh so good!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.