- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, sage, basil and seasoned salt, reserving 1/4 cup. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the reserved flour mixture to the skillet; stir until smooth. When mixture begins to bubble, stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Family Chicken
Sort By :
"This recipe is my husband's favorite way to enjoy chicken. It's easy to prepare and cooks without fuss in the slow cooker. Chicken is always tender and juicy. I serve it with mashed potatoes and peas."
"Best crock pot chicken I have ever had."
"This is an excellent dish! Loved it ... so easy and tastes so good. Cooked up some rice and served it with the gravy/chicken leftovers and was able to stretch it into another meal. Thanks for the recipe."
"Fantastic, will definitly make again, my husband loved it!"
"My family of 8 absolutely LOVES this recipe! I also used boneless skinless, much easier! This will be one my children will feed to their children. LOVE IT!"