Family Cheesecake Squares Recipe
Though these squares may sound time-consuming to make, they're actually easy. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool so you can gobble them up! This recipe's been in our family for years, I like serving the squares at room temperature, but they're good cold, too. They're delicious topped with strawberries or cherry pie filling. I'm a "homebody" who enjoys any kind of cooking (for 5 years, I've been baking once a week for my husband's group at work). We have five children and three grandchildren.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk; add sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, cut butter into flour and salt. Add yolks and yeast mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide dough into two parts. Roll each piece to fit a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place one piece in pan. For filling, beat yolk, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over dough and cover with remaining dough. Press lightly to seal edges around pan. Brush top with slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with nuts. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Family Cheesecake Squares in Country Woman May/June 1991, p29
Reviews for Family Cheesecake Squares(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >