Fall Pear Pie Recipe
A wide slice of this festive fruity pie is a great end to a delicious meal. The mellow flavor of pears is a refreshing alternative to the more common pies for the holidays. It's nice to serve a dessert that's a little unexpected. -Ken Churches, Kailua-Kona, HI
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled pears
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pears, sugar, tapioca and nutmeg; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Line a pie plate with bottom crust; add pear mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Cut large slits in top. Brush with egg.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until the pears are tender. Remove to a wire rack. Pour cream through slits if desired. Cool. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 440 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fall Pear Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC