Fall Harvest Salad Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 medium apples, cubed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, apples, walnuts, onions, raisins, parsley and sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fall Harvest Salad(7)
Sort By :
very nice, complimentary tastes with varied textures. pretty
For those of you who are worried about fat; olive oil and walnuts are condidered 'good fats' and necessary antioxidants.
cut walnuts to 6 tbs to cut down on fat
A wonderful variety of flavors and textures. What a great fall salad!
I thought the same thing that revjoannrom828 said. But I had most of the ingredients and am looking for something different for a potluck. I did make some changes because of things I had on hand. I used 1 sweet potato and 1/2 butternut squash. I did not use salt. I used a Jennie-O extra lean turkey breast, dried cranberries instead of raisins, wine vinegar instead of rice vinegar, honey instead of maple syrup. Next time I will use sweet apples and lighten up on the vinegar. Also almonds and yams. It was a good and unusual salad.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >