Fall Garden Medley Recipe
I like to make this recipe in the fall and winter for special occasions because it's very colorful, tasty and healthy. It's a hearty side dish that complements many different meat dishes.—Krystine Kercher, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 fresh beets, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes, optional
- 1. Place the carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, onion and water in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- 2. Stir vegetables and sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 633 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC