Fake Steak Recipe
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1-3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (26 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 24 oval patties, about 4 in. x 2-1/2 in. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes; drain. Combine soup and remaining milk; pour over patties. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 24 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 258 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.