My husband and I are hosts at a mission house. We cook for 30 to 60 people weekly and have approximately 500 guests in our home throughout the year. This simple and satisfying ground beef entree is one we serve often. -Fran Wolfley, St Mary, Jamaica
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1-3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (26 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 24 oval patties, about 4 in. x 2-1/2 in. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes; drain. Combine soup and remaining milk; pour over patties. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Fake Steak in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p39
Reviews for Fake Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review