Fake Steak Recipe
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1-3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (26 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 24 oval patties, about 4 in. x 2-1/2 in. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes; drain. Combine soup and remaining milk; pour over patties. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 24 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fake Steak
Sort By :
The simplicity of this meat patty dish belies its flavor! Yummy. This gives a very tender, moist patty. I can see it being coated with BBQ sauce or Ketchup. It could be shaped like a burgers for a crowd of teens and served in one round. I love cooking in the oven and keeping my cooktop clean! I do believe the patties could be frozen and thawed before baking off. Lots of options with this one. Thanks for the great recipe!
I haven't made it yet, but plan to for my upcoming daughter's family birthday party. It looks and sounds delicious. Please, I'll triple it for an inexpensive and easy main course.