- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1-3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (26 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 24 oval patties, about 4 in. x 2-1/2 in. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes; drain. Combine soup and remaining milk; pour over patties. Cover and bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 24 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fake Steak
Sort By :
"Awesome! My family just loves it!"
"The simplicity of this meat patty dish belies its flavor! Yummy. This gives a very tender, moist patty. I can see it being coated with BBQ sauce or Ketchup. It could be shaped like a burgers for a crowd of teens and served in one round. I love cooking in the oven and keeping my cooktop clean! I do believe the patties could be frozen and thawed before baking off. Lots of options with this one. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"I haven't made it yet, but plan to for my upcoming daughter's family birthday party. It looks and sounds delicious. Please, I'll triple it for an inexpensive and easy main course."