For a weekend lunch with company, we grill chicken and peppers to stuff inside pita pockets. The dressing doubles as a grilling sauce and a sandwich spread. —Clara Coulson Minney, Washington Court House, Ohio
Recommended: Your February Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 medium green peppers, halved and seeded
- 8 pita pocket halves, warmed
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, green onion, mustard and pepper; reserve 1/3 cup for assembling. Spread remaining mixture over chicken and peppers.
- Grill chicken and peppers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165° and peppers are tender. Cut chicken into 1/2-in. slices; cut peppers into 1-in. slices.
- Spread reserved mayonnaise mixture inside pita halves; fill with lettuce, chicken and peppers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fajitas in Pitas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015