Fajita Tortilla Bowls Recipe
- 6 spinach tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. Place six 10-oz. custard cups upside down in a shallow baking pan; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with butter; place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 1 minute. Place a tortilla over each custard cup, pinching sides to form a bowl shape. Bake for 7-8 minutes longer or until crisp. Remove tortilla from cups to cool on wire racks.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Combine pork and seasoning mix; add to the skillet. Cook and stir until meat juices run clear. Remove pork with a slotted spoon.
- 4. In the drippings, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender. Place lettuce in tortilla bowls; top with the pork, pepper mixture and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Fajita Tortilla Bowls
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.