- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet, fry tortilla strips in 2 tablespoons oil on both sides for 1 minute or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, cook the chicken, beef, green pepper, onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin and pepper in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and lime juice until smooth; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in pineapple and tomato; heat through. Serve with tortilla strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fajita Skillet
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe many times. We love it so much that we eat it about once every two weeks. It's worth all the chopping to taste something this fresh and delicious. It makes my husband like eating his veggies, which is a rare thing indeed."
"Easy to make - the pineapple was delicious!"
"This was pretty easy to make and very good. My husband enjoyed it too!"
"Pineapple? Brown sugar? NEVER in fajitas!"
"I've been making this recipe for a few years. To make it even faster, I use canned pineapple chunks. Also, instead of frying the tortillas, we actually roll it up in tortillas. Its a little saucy, but so good!"