Fajita Skillet Recipe
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, fry tortilla strips in 2 tablespoons oil on both sides for 1 minute or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook the chicken, beef, green pepper, onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin and pepper in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and lime juice until smooth; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in pineapple and tomato; heat through. Serve with tortilla strips. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cup equals 390 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Fajita Skillet
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.