Fajita Pizza with Chicken Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Unroll the pizza crust onto a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the green pepper, onion, chili powder, garlic, cumin and salt; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Spoon over crust; top with salsa and cheese.
- 3. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 slices.
1 slice: 261 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Fajita Pizza with Chicken
"My family loves this pizza. When it comes out I top it with frsh lettuce and serve with sour cream!"
"There is a very similar recipe by Tricia Longo, 2009 summer appetizers that has altered the quantity of the ingredients which I used and it seemed perfect."
"Use a thick salsa so the crust doesn't get soggy"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.