Fajita Pizza with Chicken Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Unroll the pizza crust onto a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the green pepper, onion, chili powder, garlic, cumin and salt; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Spoon over crust; top with salsa and cheese.
- 3. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 slices.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 261 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Fajita Pizza with Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.