Fajita Frittata Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, saute the chicken, onion, green pepper, lime juice, salt, cumin and chili powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Pour egg substitute over chicken mixture. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until nearly set. Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are set.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 137 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 15g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Fajita Frittata
"It's a keeper!! Very good!"