- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey and onion in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cilantro.
- Divide romaine among four plates; top each with 3/4 cup turkey mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fabulous Taco Salad
Sort By :
"i was skeptical, but this turned out to be really tasty, and yes, like a giant taco, but without the fat and calories. i'd definitely make it again and serve to company."
"Add taco seasoning to turkey.Do not cook the tomatoes but add on top when dished out."
"Re:reviews It absolutely amazes me when a recipe is given 5 stars and yet the changes people make totally change the recipe. SJS9"
"I hve altered the receipe and have added to the browning of the ground turkey, 2 tbls of Cummin powder, 1 tbls of Curry Powder, 1 tbls of ground mustard powder and 1 tbls of pepper flakes, I also cook with the meat a medium chopped onion, this gives a more authentic taco taste to the meat. - Joel"