“Everyone loves this recipe for Fabulous Taco Salad,” writes Anna Yeatts of Pinehurst, North Carolina. “It’s like eating decadent Mexican food while keeping the calories under control.” Serve it with Anna's Fresh Salsa or your favorite premade variety from the grocery store!
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey and onion in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cilantro.
- Divide romaine among four plates; top each with 3/4 cup turkey mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fabulous Taco Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fabulous Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review