Fabulous Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey and onion in oil until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cilantro.
- Divide romaine among four plates; top each with 3/4 cup turkey mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fabulous Taco Salad
Sort By :
Add taco seasoning to turkey.
Do not cook the tomatoes but add on top when dished out.
Re:reviews It absolutely amazes me when a recipe is given 5 stars and yet the changes people make totally change the recipe. SJS9
I hve altered the receipe and have added to the browning of the ground turkey, 2 tbls of Cummin powder, 1 tbls of Curry Powder, 1 tbls of ground mustard powder and 1 tbls of pepper flakes, I also cook with the meat a medium chopped onion, this gives a more authentic taco taste to the meat. - Joel
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >