Fabulous Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 165 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Fabulous Green Beans
"Great recipe, very good flavors - a definite do again!"
"Very good! We make this often."
"Wow! These were amazing! So good!"
"Made it as written and seemed like too much butter for us. And the seasoning was just OK."
"Very good recipe! A wonderful change from steamed or casserole type green beans."
"My family loved this! I didn't happen to have a steamer basket, so I just boiled the green beans just until they were crisp/tender. The sauce was super-easy and delicious. I will definitely make this again - for a simple dinner or a more elaborate one."
"A hit with guests . A new favorite."
"These were easy to make and tasty. The recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"This is my favorite green bean receipe and I've passed it along to others!"
"Seemed rather lemony to me; perhaps if I make these again I will use less lemon so that I can taste some of the other flavors more."
"This recipe is now a required dish at holidays. Extra special and very yummy."
"The name says it all! These are fabulous. I don't use butter only olive oil, makes me feel better as I'm only using a healthy fat."
"Now that I've made this recipe several times, I would say that I only use 2 Tbsp of butter and just about 1/8tsp oil. We like it much better that way."
"This is definitely a keeper!!! My family and I love it and it's so simple to make. I use frozen green beans too and it's still great."
"Best dish ever!"
"I used frozen cut green beans, then poured the sauce on top once cooked. Delicious!~ Theresa"