My family loves this buttery sauce over green beans, whether they’re garden fresh or frozen. Another greeny option: Try sugar snap peas. —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fabulous Green Beans in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p81
Reviews for Fabulous Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2016
"Great recipe, very good flavors - a definite do again!"
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2015
"Very good! We make this often."
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2015
Reviewed May. 16, 2015
"Wow! These were amazing! So good!"
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2015
"Made it as written and seemed like too much butter for us. And the seasoning was just OK."