- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fabulous Green Beans
Sort By :
"Made it as written and seemed like too much butter for us. And the seasoning was just OK."
"Very good recipe! A wonderful change from steamed or casserole type green beans."
"My family loved this! I didn't happen to have a steamer basket, so I just boiled the green beans just until they were crisp/tender. The sauce was super-easy and delicious. I will definitely make this again - for a simple dinner or a more elaborate one."
"A hit with guests . A new favorite."