- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fabulous Green Beans
Sort By :
"Very good! We make this often."
"Wow! These were amazing! So good!"
"Made it as written and seemed like too much butter for us. And the seasoning was just OK."
"Very good recipe! A wonderful change from steamed or casserole type green beans."