Fabulous Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fabulous Green Beans(8)
Sort By :
This is my favorite green bean receipe and I've passed it along to others!
Seemed rather lemony to me; perhaps if I make these again I will use less lemon so that I can taste some of the other flavors more.
This recipe is now a required dish at holidays. Extra special and very yummy.
The name says it all! These are fabulous. I don't use butter only olive oil, makes me feel better as I'm only using a healthy fat.
Now that I've made this recipe several times, I would say that I only use 2 Tbsp of butter and just about 1/8tsp oil. We like it much better that way.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >