- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fabulous Green Beans
"Great recipe, very good flavors - a definite do again!"
"Very good! We make this often."
"Wow! These were amazing! So good!"
"Made it as written and seemed like too much butter for us. And the seasoning was just OK."
"Very good recipe! A wonderful change from steamed or casserole type green beans."
"My family loved this! I didn't happen to have a steamer basket, so I just boiled the green beans just until they were crisp/tender. The sauce was super-easy and delicious. I will definitely make this again - for a simple dinner or a more elaborate one."
"A hit with guests . A new favorite."
"These were easy to make and tasty. The recipe is definitely a keeper!"