"My family loves this butter sauce over green beans whether they are fresh or frozen. I've used this easy recipe over sugar snap peas as well." —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fabulous Green Beans in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p81
Reviews for Fabulous Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review