Fabulous Fruit Spread
Our Test Kitchen concocted this citrusy cream cheese spread accented with bits of dried fruit and tangy grated orange peel. Serve it as a snacking spread on low-fat crackers or for breakfast on English muffins or bagels.
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup assorted dried fruit, chopped
- Toast or English muffins
- In a food processor, combine the first four ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Stir in fruit. Spread on toast or English
- muffins. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without toast or English muffins) equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.