Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipe
This refreshing fruit salad bursts with a delightful citrus flavor. The recipe makes a big batch so it’s perfect for a holiday potluck.—Mary Louise Fash, Walterboro, South Carolina
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1 small cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red apple, chopped
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, apple and banana. Pour dressing over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 4. Just before serving, stir salad. Sprinkle with blueberries. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 117 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Fabulous Fruit Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC