Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipe
This refreshing fruit salad bursts with a delightful citrus flavor. The recipe makes a big batch so it’s perfect for a holiday potluck.Mary Louise Fash, Walterboro, South Carolina
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1 small cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red apple, chopped
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, apple and banana. Pour dressing over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir salad. Sprinkle with blueberries. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fabulous Fruit Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p78
Reviews for Fabulous Fruit Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >