- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 pounds fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped or 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add oil and onions to drippings; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in tarragon, salt, pepper and cayenne; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Add parsley to the tomato mixture; simmer 5 minutes longer. Stir in bacon. Drain fettuccine; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Fabulous Fettuccine in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p39
Reviews for Fabulous Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2016
"I've been making this recipe for my family for years. The only change I make is , MORE bacon!"