Fabulous Cherry Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place ribs in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, place pie filling in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the pie filling, soy sauce, mustard, ginger and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Warm reserved sauce; serve with ribs. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fabulous Cherry Ribs
Sort By :
Didn't really think these were anything special. Don't think I will make again. I like a stronger bbq sauce flavor I guess.
We made these ribs for our Father's Day cookout and most people thought they were an interesting change. I liked them a lot and would make again.