Fabulous Cherry Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Place ribs in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, place pie filling in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- 3. In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the pie filling, soy sauce, mustard, ginger and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- 5. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Warm reserved sauce; serve with ribs. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 1091 calories, 71g fat (24g saturated fat), 255mg cholesterol, 1190mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 64g protein
Reviews for Fabulous Cherry Ribs
"Didn't really think these were anything special. Don't think I will make again. I like a stronger bbq sauce flavor I guess."
"We made these ribs for our Father's Day cookout and most people thought they were an interesting change. I liked them a lot and would make again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.