MY HUSBAND and I love to cook and we’re always looking for something a little different. These ribs are a refreshing change from the traditional tomato based barbecue sauces. A friend gave me this recipe years ago and it has been a family favorite since.
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place ribs in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, place pie filling in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the pie filling, soy sauce, mustard, ginger and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 cup for serving.
- Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce. Warm reserved sauce; serve with ribs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fabulous Cherry Ribs in Reminisce June/July 2008, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fabulous Cherry Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review