Fabulous Beef Fajitas
It's a breeze to make with the no-fuss Italian dressing marinade and fast-cooking sirloin steak.Lorna Nault, Chesterton, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup salad dressing and
- chili powder; add steak. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining salad
- dressing until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade. In the skillet, saute steak for 6-8
- minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Return vegetables to pan;
- heat through. Spoon meat and vegetables down the center of
- tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 289 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.