Fabulous Beef Fajitas Recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup salad dressing and chili powder; add steak. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining salad dressing until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Drain steak, discarding marinade. In the skillet, saute steak for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon meat and vegetables down the center of tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 289 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Fabulous Beef Fajitas
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.