It's a breeze to make with the no-fuss Italian dressing marinade and fast-cooking sirloin steak.—Lorna Nault, Chesterton, Indiana
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup salad dressing and chili powder; add steak. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onion in remaining salad dressing until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade. In the skillet, saute steak for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Spoon meat and vegetables down the center of tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fabulous Beef Fajitas in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p7
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fabulous Beef Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review