Fa-La-La Prosciutto Puffs
These puffs are light, tasty treats that practically melt in your mouth. Young and old alike said how much they enjoyed eating one...then another...and another!—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
27 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and pepper to a boil.
- Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove
- from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue
- beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in prosciutto and
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 61 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.