When the spooks come out on Halloween night, you may be afraid to go to sleep. So go ahead and munch on these coffee-laced cookies! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons finely ground espresso beans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 45 chocolate-covered coffee beans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, cocoa, espresso beans, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or surface cracks. Immediately press a coffee bean into the center of each cookie. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 45 cookies.
Originally published as Eyes-Wide-Open Espresso Cookies in Taste of Home October 2011, p31
Reviews for Eyes-Wide-Open Espresso Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review