Eyes On You
Look out! This crazy cupcake only has eyes for you. Don't worry though, he's delicious!
—Karen Tack, Riverside, Connecticut
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Neon green food coloring
- 6 chocolate or vanilla cupcakes baked in black foil liners
- 1/4 cup purple sprinkles
- Black licorice laces
- 50 mini marshmallows
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) brown decorating frosting
- 50 red mini M&M's or red-hot candies
- 1. Tint the vanilla frosting neon green with the food coloring.
- Spread a generous mound of frosting on top of the cupcakes. While
- frosting is still wet, sprinkle the tops with the purple sprinkles.
- 2. Cut the black licorice laces into about 50 pieces about 3 to 5 in.
- long. Insert one end of the laces into the side of the marshmallows.
- Pipe a small dot of the brown decorating frosting on one flat end of
- the marshmallow and attach a red M&M to make an eyeball.
- 3. Insert the licorice laces, 8 to 10 per cupcake, as the wild eyes
- on top of each cupcake. Repeat with the remaining licorice,
- marshmallow eyes and cupcakes. Yield: 6 cupcakes.