Eyes On You Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Neon green food coloring
- 6 chocolate or vanilla cupcakes baked in black foil liners
- 1/4 cup purple sprinkles
- Black licorice laces
- 50 mini marshmallows
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) brown decorating frosting
- 50 red mini M&M's or red-hot candies
- 1. 1. Tint the vanilla frosting neon green with the food coloring. Spread a generous mound of frosting on top of the cupcakes. While frosting is still wet, sprinkle the tops with the purple sprinkles.
- 2. 2. Cut the black licorice laces into about 50 pieces about 3 to 5 in. long. Insert one end of the laces into the side of the marshmallows. Pipe a small dot of the brown decorating frosting on one flat end of the marshmallow and attach a red M&M to make an eyeball.
- 3. 3. Insert the licorice laces, 8 to 10 per cupcake, as the wild eyes on top of each cupcake. Repeat with the remaining licorice, marshmallow eyes and cupcakes. Yield: 6 cupcakes.
Reviews for Eyes On You
"Super cute idea! To get the candy to stick to a mini-marshmallow melt a handful of chocolate chips in a small microwave cup and then dip one side of the candy into the melted chips (or use a toothpick to paint the chocolate on) and top on a marshmallow. Allow the chocolate to harden before attaching to the licorice lace. You can find the licorice laces on Amazon dot com. Again, these are really too cute!!!"
"I couldn't find the black pull licerous (sp?) and I had a hard time getting them to stick together. They were cute but I don't think I would make them again."
"Definitely cute enough to try, but mine didn't turn out. The marshmallows wouldn't stay on the licorice, and the licorice just flopped over. Super cute idea though!"
"Saving this recipe again for next year. So easy and fun to make."