- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Neon green food coloring
- 6 prepared vanilla or chocolate cupcakes, baked in liners
- 1/4 cup purple sprinkles
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) brown decorating frosting
- 8 to 10 large marshmallows
- 25 miniature marshmallows
- 35 M&M's minis
- Tint vanilla frosting with neon green food coloring. Spread a generous mound of frosting on each cupcake. Before frosting dries, top with purple sprinkles.
- Pipe a small dot of brown decorating frosting onto a marshmallow. Lightly press an M&M into frosting dot to resemble an "eye." Repeat with remaining marshmallows; let dry.
- Pierce marshmallow "eyes" with toothpicks; insert opposite ends of toothpicks into cupcakes in any pattern desired. Yield: 6 cupcakes.
Reviews for Eyes On You
"Super cute idea! To get the candy to stick to a mini-marshmallow melt a handful of chocolate chips in a small microwave cup and then dip one side of the candy into the melted chips (or use a toothpick to paint the chocolate on) and top on a marshmallow. Allow the chocolate to harden before attaching to the licorice lace. You can find the licorice laces on Amazon dot com. Again, these are really too cute!!!"
"I couldn't find the black pull licerous (sp?) and I had a hard time getting them to stick together. They were cute but I don't think I would make them again."
"Definitely cute enough to try, but mine didn't turn out. The marshmallows wouldn't stay on the licorice, and the licorice just flopped over. Super cute idea though!"
"Saving this recipe again for next year. So easy and fun to make."