Look out! This crazy cupcake only has eyes for you. Don't worry though, he's delicious! —Karen Tack, Riverside, Connecticut
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Neon green food coloring
- 6 chocolate or vanilla cupcakes baked in black foil liners
- 1/4 cup purple sprinkles
- Black licorice laces
- 50 mini marshmallows
- 1 tube (4.25 ounces) brown decorating frosting
- 50 red mini M&M's or red-hot candies
- 1. Tint the vanilla frosting neon green with the food coloring. Spread a generous mound of frosting on top of the cupcakes. While frosting is still wet, sprinkle the tops with the purple sprinkles.
- 2. Cut the black licorice laces into about 50 pieces about 3 to 5 in. long. Insert one end of the laces into the side of the marshmallows. Pipe a small dot of the brown decorating frosting on one flat end of the marshmallow and attach a red M&M to make an eyeball.
- 3. Insert the licorice laces, 8 to 10 per cupcake, as the wild eyes on top of each cupcake. Repeat with the remaining licorice, marshmallow eyes and cupcakes. Yield: 6 cupcakes.
Originally published as Eyes On You in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p28
Reviews for Eyes On You
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review