Eyeball Taco Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 10 slices tomato, halved
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 10 whole pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°. Place tortilla chips in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Spread meat mixture over top; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 3. Top with lettuce and onion. Cut into ten 5x3-in. pieces. On each piece, arrange two tomato slices for eyes; top each with a dollop of sour cream and an olive half. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Eyeball Taco Salad
"Loved by the whole family!"
"My kids loved it and it doesn't have to be a holiday dish."
"I have been making this recipe for 4 years now every Halloween it is delicious!! We have a party and everyone who comes wants to come back if I am making eyeball taco salad!"
"This recipe has become a Halloween tradtion for my family. My kids look forward to it every year."