Eyeball Taco Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 10 slices tomato, halved
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 10 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 7-9 minutes. Stir in seasoning, tomato sauce and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Spread chips evenly in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with Jack cheese. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
- 3. Top with lettuce and onion. Cut into ten 5x3-in. pieces. Place two tomato slices on each piece for eyes; add sour cream and olives for eyes. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving: 569 calories, 35g fat (13g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 962mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Eyeball Taco Salad
"Loved by the whole family!"
"My kids loved it and it doesn't have to be a holiday dish."
"I have been making this recipe for 4 years now every Halloween it is delicious!! We have a party and everyone who comes wants to come back if I am making eyeball taco salad!"
"This recipe has become a Halloween tradtion for my family. My kids look forward to it every year."